03 May Exclusive Live Painter Featured in the 2019 Oakland Park Dancing in the Streets Festival
Dancing in the Streets is an annual block party hosted by the City of Oakland Park. This year was its third and held on 26th of April at 3500 block of NE 12 Avenue. The event started 6 pm and ended at 10 pm where they had a plethora of food vendors, and activities throughout the district. The event every year highlights multiple musical stages all through the city’s Down Town Culinary Arts District from which stemmed the name “Dancing in the Streets”.
Much to our surprise, Design Moves had contracted to utilize a live painter, Nivia, to add to the artistic mix. Blending in well with the aura, many had stood and watched her paint with acrylics throughout the duration of the event.
Posted up nearby the Hot Spots Magazine stage, and in front of the Design Moves Office, presented a different activity and what seemed to be the only live artist within the mile-long event.
I am happy that we were able to add more of a diverse artistic mix to the forefront. I hope to see more artists for future events and we were very grateful to have the talented Nivia available to perform her work in front of our City. – Larissa Castelluber, President of Design Moves
The stages were setup near Downtown businesses from North to South that followed;
1. Funky Buddha Stage: 1201 NE 38 Street. City Hall Stage: 3650 NE 12 Avenue
3. Hot Spots Stage: 3500 NE 12 Avenue
4. Switchbox Coffee Stage: 3446 NE 12 Avenue
5. 3300 NE 12 Avenue
6. 3400 Street Stage
7. 3148 NE 12 Avenue. 3400 block of NE will be Dancing in the Street “KidZone” and hosted children friendly activities like face painting, cookie decorating and bread making among others.
Dancing in the Streets featured some of South Florida most popular musical performers. Musical artists that had performed included:
- Classic Rock Band
- Caribbean Waves Band – City Hall Stage Reggae, Calypso & Steel Drum Band
- Rock Candy –Tatts &Tacos Stage 33rd Street Fountain Rock Band
- Sophia Anderson — Switchbox Coffee Stage Pop Singer
- Dillard Jazz Trio – 34th Street Fountain Ample parking will be available,
About the Artist:
Nivia Bejarano is a local artist from South Florida, who from her works she tries to change the world through the power of expression. She specializes on custom art, jewelry and holistic products to spread love and joy. Nivia regularly participates in events locally and has a positive outlook on her local audience.
About Design Moves:
Design Moves is an established hybrid marketing company based in Oakland Park that offers a wide range of products and services to suit your needs in order to build a positive business and organization. Their heart is in building entrepreneurs succeeding in their goals including the local art community.
What are you doing to contribute to your community?